Small businesses often do not have the budget for a full-time safety manager, but they still must comply with OSHA regulations. This reality leaves owners and managers overwhelmed with OSHA requirements while trying to take care of everything else. Your company is left open not only to OSHA liability but is at risk for employee injury as well.
Palmetto EHS can help you implement the basics based on your specific needs. Palmetto EHS provides cost effective safety and health consulting services customized for your small business. Good safety management makes good business sense. According to OSHA, “implementing a safety and health management program saved between $4 and $6 for every $1 invested.” *
Basic Start-Up Plan
Our basic plan includes the following services:
1. A site visit to meet with management and conduct a preliminary gap-analysis.
2. Review of written safety and health programs in place.
3. Update of written programs in place and preparation of missing safety and health programs.
4. A report of our findings from the gap-analysis with recommended corrective actions.
Monthly or Quarterly Maintenance Services
With our maintenance plan, you determine how often you need us and select from the following menu of services that we can conduct during our visit:
1. Safety and Health Training (in person training)
2. Focused audit (on a certain area, task or OSHA standard)
3. Development of Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
4. Facilitating the safety committee meeting
5. Training the safety committee
6. Incident Investigation
7. OSHA Recordkeeping audit
8. One-on-one OSHA Recordkeeping training
9. Chemical or noise sampling (analysis and rental fees are additional)
10. Indoor air quality testing (analysis and rental fees are additional)
10. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) hazard analysis
11. Ergonomics assessments
12. Preparation and/or revision of written safety and health programs
13. Respirator fit testing and medical surveillance
*Charles Jeffress, 1999